The PR486 Load Cell Amplifier connects with up to four strain gauge load cells. It supplies 10V DC excitation and amplifies and conditions the resultant return signal. From this signal and stored configuration and calibration data it generates a gross weight signal for display and transmission to PLCs and computers via its analogue, serial or network communications interface.
Powerful ‘System On Chip’ technology provides outstanding levels of accuracy and stability combined with drift compensation.
Calibration adjustments are performed by means of the four push-buttons in conjunction with the LCD display. Access to calibration data is pass-number protected.
The weigher may be calibrated using a single test weight; often of considerably lower weight than the weigher capacity.
In addition to the conventional method of applying test weights, calibration can be achieved by entry of the precise sensitivity and capacity figures from the load cells.
Each PR486 is factory calibrated to have the same precise input range. This facilitates unit replacement, without the need for vessel emptying or recalibration, by entry of zero and gain coefficients.
Dual trip relay outputs are provided with independent level, deadband and high/low sense settings.
Select the perfect interface option to suit your application from the wide range available: Analogue, Serial, Profibus DP, DeviceNet and Ethernet Modbus/TCP.
- DIN Rail or wall mount options
- LCD display for indication of weight, configuration, calibration and error reporting
- Calibration by entry of load cell data where it is not possible to use weights
- Standardised Gain enabling replacement without the need for vessel emptying or re-calibration
- Adjustable filtering, down to 0.2Hz, for elimination of the effects of mechanical vibration
- Security code protected calibration
- Industry standard 0/4-20mA or 0-10V Analogue Output
- Profibus DP, DeviceNet or Ethernet Modbus/TCP support
- Software configurable RS232/485 interface allowing continuous data transmission or network communications using SABus protocol
- Dual trip relay outputs (analogue, serial and Ethernet versions only)
|PR486A Data Sheet||PR486A - 0/4-20mA/0-10V Output and Dual Trip Relays|
|PR486S Data Sheet||PR486S - RS232/485 Serial Interface and Dual Trip Relays|
|PR486P Data Sheet||PR486P - Profibus DP Interface|
|PR486D Data Sheet||PR486D - DeviceNet Interface|
|PR486E Data Sheet||PR486E - Ethernet interface with Modbus/TCP support and Dual Trip Relays|